Register for Break Academy!!!
*Open registration for new students starts December 15th
*Registration for returning Break Academy students is now open
Our Fall Quarter will begin on October 20th and will conclude with our Fall Showcase on Sunday, December 14th.
Here’s what’s new this Fall:
The Beacon will be offering 2 types of classes; Series and Drop-In.
- Series classes will be progressive and will build upon the previous week’s moves. These classes are intended for students to learn at an accelerated rate and will also prepare students for the Fall Showcase. Series classes must be purchased for the term of the quarter. A one-time drop-in will be allowed for students that meet the class pre-requisites. If starting after week 1, sessions for the rest of the quarter must be purchased up-front in order to continue.
- Drop-In classes will be offered for any student and can be attended at any time.
Pricing for classes will be changing starting this Fall.
- Drop-In: $15
- 5 Class Punch Cards: $65 ($13/class – Used for Drop-in classes)
- 5-Week Fall Series: $65 ($13/class – Cost will be pro-rated if student starts after Week 1)
- 8-Week Fall Series: $100 ($12.50/class – Cost will be pro-rated if student starts after Week 1)
**We will no longer offer $100/10 class punch cards after 10/19. Any previously purchased 10 class punch cards can be used until punches run out.
**NEW** Beacon Break Academy: Created and led by World Champion Dance crew, Massive Monkees, Beacon Break Academy is series of 8-week sessions that will teach participants the fundamentals to dancing the original Hip Hop style, Breaking. Students will be given moves and ideas that will help point them in the direction to becoming true B-Boys and B-Girls. Completion of LEVEL ONE and LEVEL TWO with passing score will qualify students to audition for the kids performance and competition team at The Beacon. Members of the Beacon squad will be trained to battle in local competitions and dance in local performances representing the elite kids breaking team in Seattle. Students who complete Beacon Break Academy will also gain access to exclusive advanced level specialty workshops taught by the different members of Massive Monkees.
- Beacon Break Academy | Level One (Kids ages 6 and up)
- Beacon Break Academy | Level Two (Kids ages 6 and up)
- Beacon Kids Team: This Fall we will be preparing students for auditions into the kids competition and performance team, Beacon Break Squad. Following completion of LEVEL TWO, students will have the option to audition for the Break Squad. Beacon Break Squad members will compete in local battles and performing locally representing the elite kids breaking squad in Seattle.
Vogue w/ Dani T (Teens & Adults)
Protoman Challenge (All Ages)
Locking w/ TicTock (All Ages)
House w/ Amy O & Dani T (Adults)
MiniBREAKS (Kids ages 2-6)
House w/ Amy O & Dani T (Adults)
Adults Beginner Breaking and Foundation w/ FeverOne (Ages 15 and up)
Splinter Dance Co Rotation | Intersections of Hip Hop | Jazz | HiLo (All ages)
Please note that The Beacon will be closed September 25-October 3rd. We will resume classes on Saturday, October 4.
Great job to all of our students who participated in our Spring Showcase!! Let’s all take a week off and start back refreshed on Monday, June 9.